Tuesday, November 8, 2011

PE Cycle 2

For this coming cycle, I will continue to work on my intonation and pitch.  This is still a very new concept for me and it is difficult for me to reproduce naturally.  I think listening to native Japanese speakers will help me get accustomed to this concept (or at least call me out on it, when I do make an error).  It would be nice to have another one of those homework assignments where we had to distinguish the pitch and tone of a sentence/word.  This actually helped me understand the differences between different pronunciations due to pitches.  I will additionally try to shadow some of the dialogues on blackboard and submit them for evaluation.  For this cycle, I am going to focus on pitch and tone(doesn't mean that I will neglect other aspects of pronunciation), but I want to ensure that this is resolved as soon as possible so that it doesn't become a hassle later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment