Thursday, January 12, 2012

Reflection: Cycle 3

Over the break I had very little exposure to academic related Japanese.  The exposure I did have to Japanese was watching(and re-watching) anime that I wanted to catch up on.  While most of the anime's dialogue is still too advance for me to totally understand, I was able to partially shadow some of the dialogue.  This at the beginning of the school year was unimaginable, and makes me think that we all have really come far from where we started.  I still have difficulties with speaking at at faster paces, but I think this is were grammar really makes a difference, especially now that we know more advance grammar.  My naive understanding of the more advance grammar makes it difficult for me to process sentences, which eventually hinders my ability to pronounce the sentence as well.
Next semester, I think I am going to put more effort into creating a more detailed scheduled, with deadlines, to motivate me to do more shadowing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment