Friday, October 28, 2011

Reflection Statement!

Our first pronunciation cycle is over and I now realize that it is a little more difficult than I initially thought to stay on track with my goals.  I did try shadowing Japanese anime and Japanese songs to improve my pronunciation.  But most of time I could only get a single word or phrase.  I also cheated sometimes by looking up the lyrics to songs to see what they were exactly saying(although to be honest sometimes I do this for songs in English and Spanish, I'm just not very good at making out what people say when singing).  I attempted to shadow the third dialogue on blackboard, but there were some words that I could not make out and therefore struggled to reproduce in my recording(in my next cycle I plan to include this recording along with another).

As for my oral midterm, I honestly thought it was fun.  I also thought it was difficult, especially trying to return to the dialogue that we had created.  There a lot of things that I want to improve on my next oral exam.  I want to improve on my intonation and pitch, which is something that I did not work on much while I was practicing.  I also want to feel comfortable using the grammar thus far so that I can use it fluidly in conversations.  I think みやぎさん and I did a good job making the dialogue as natural a conversation that we could possibly make.  For instance, we incorporated what we do at home and often we do things.  

That's it for now!  Have an amazing break!

フロレス ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment